The Palos Heights Parks and Recreation Department understands that schedules change and things come up that prevent participation in programs that have been registered for. It is our intent to refund your money whenever possible. We ask that you understand that in order to maintain the integrity of our programs that the following guidelines have been developed:
- Patrons requesting a refund must contact the Recreation Center at 708-361-1807 so the appropriate forms can be filled out.
- All refunds are assessed a $5 processing fee. The fee is waived if you choose to have the credit put on your household account.
- Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your refund to be processed.
- Refund requests must be turned in to the office 2 business days prior to the program start date unless otherwise specified within the program description.
- Requests for refunds made after the deadline or after the class has started will be considered on an individual basis and are subject to approval. Refunds issued after the program start date will be prorated accordingly. Participants will be charged for classes that have passed, attended or not attended, based on the date the refund request is received.
- No refunds will be granted after the third class meeting with the exception of a medical reason. Refunds for medical reasons must be requested within 10 days following completion of the program or activity and a doctor's note will be required along with the refund request.
- Refunds will not be issued for the portion of the program fees paid for non-recoverable expenses after the program registration refund deadline (if specified) or less than 2 business days prior to the program start date. Examples of non-recoverable expenses include:
- Contractual Instructor Fees
- Other Expenses
- All adult athletic league deposits are non-refundable. There are no refunds on adult leagues once the team schedules are made.
Refunds Initiated by the Department
Full refunds will be granted without penalty for any refund that is initiated by the Parks and Recreation Department (i.e. cancelled class/low enrollment).